If you are having trouble sorting out a problem with your energy supplier such as disputed amounts, arrears, disconnections etc., then call EWON. The Energy and Water Ombudsman NSW provides an independent way of resolving customer complaints about all electricity and gas suppliers in New South Wales.  They are like an independent referee and can usually negotiate a settlement between you and your supplier or if necessary, make a binding decision to resolve the case.  Visit www.ewon.com.au to make a complaint online or phone freecall 1800 246 545.